If reports are to believed, upcoming film Baahubali 2 (Baahubali: The Conclusion) has made some unprecedented pre-release business for a movie. It is said that the film starring Prabhas, Rana Daggubati has already collected more than Rs 500 crore, which is mostly from the sales of its theatrical rights.
Baahubali 2 will release in many languages, including Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and English. Bollywood’s famous filmmaker Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions is presenting the Hindi version of the film. And it has reportedly paid a record price for its theatrical rights.
Theatrical Rights (Baahubali 2)
- The theatrical rights of the film’s Hindi version have fetched a whopping Rs 120 crore.
- The film, meanwhile, has made more than Rs 130 crore from the sales of its theatrical rights in Telugu states.
- Its Tamil Nadu rights have fetched Rs 47 crore.
- In Kerala, the sale of film’s distribution rights has made Rs 10 crore and in Karnataka Rs 45 crore.
- The distribution rights of North America has also earned Rs 45 crore while the USA numbers are still unknown.
Satellite Rights (Baahubali 2)
- Sony TV Network has bought the Hindi satellite rights for a whopping price of Rs 51 crore. It is the highest revenue generated by a dubbed film so far. According to reports, this is the highest price for original Hindi films.
- The satellite rights of Telugu version have been sold for Rs 26 crore, while the business details of its Tamil and Malayalam versions are still unknown.
The pre-release business of the Baahubali 2 film is likely to be more than Rs 500 crore, the price for the second part has skyrocketed due to the fan frenzy the film has created with its first part.