Top 5 cricketers with highest net worth
Cricket is the most viewed game in India. Below are the Top 5 cricketers with highest net worth around the world. We are discussing all the aspects besides the match revenue and endorsements. How cricketers becoming good business personals.
1. Sachin Tendulkar ( $115 Million )Sachin is known as the Master Blaster of Cricket. He has more than 30,000 runs in his kitty. He got retired on November 16, 2013, its not only his endorsments or match fees which made his fortune.
Besides that he has 7 other ventures he has invested
- Musafir (Travel portal) - Sachin Tendulkar has a 7.5% stake in the company alongside being the brand ambassador for the company.
- Smaaash Entertainment (Sports) - Sachin Tendulkar has an 18% equity stake in sports simulation venture of Shripal Morakhia’s Smaaash Entertainment.
- Sachins and Tendulkar’s (Restaurant) - He has joined hands with famous hotelier Sanjay Narang of Mars group and opened hotels.
- Kochi Franchise, Indian Super League (Sports League) - Sachin is the co-owner of the Kochi ISL franchise along with Hydrabad-based PVP ventures.
- S Drive and Sach (Healthcare and sports fitness products) - Sachin is a stakeholder in the joint venture between the Future Group and the Manipal Group.
- Universal Collectabilia (Celebrity Merchandise) - Sachin owns 26% stake in the celebrity merchandise and brand extension firm.
- Mumbai Franchise, International Tennis Premier League - Sachin is also the co-owner of the Mumbai franchise of the newly formed International Tennis Premier League (ITPL) along with the Hyderabad-based PVP ventures.
2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni ( $100 Million )Till date, Mahendra Singh Dhoni has the best records by a captain in terms of ODI and Test Cricket. Under his captancy India won the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup, 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, the 2010 Asia Cup, and the 2007 ICC World Twenty20.
- M S Dhoni co-owns “Ranchi Rays”, a hockey club franchise within the Hockey India League.
- He is additionally co-owner of a Madras based mostly soccer club, “Chennaiyin FC” within the Indian Super League with Abhishek Bachchan.
- The athlete additionally co-owns the “Mahi Racing Team India”.
- Dhoni additionally owns a chain of gyms, “SportsFit”.
3. Ricky Ponting ( $65 Million )Ricky Ponting is a former captain of Australian cricket team. He got Australia team a back to back world cup wins in the ODI format. Ricky Ponting earned his net worth as a professional cricketer.
Ricky Ponting joined the Network Ten commentary team for the national T20 Big Bash League. He was appointed head coach of Mumbai Indians and is a director of his own charitable foundation. Most importantly, he has a role with NSR Australia.
4. Brain Lara ( $60 Million )Brain Lara is one of the legendary cricket player of all times. He has a record for the most runs scored in a single innings in Test cricket. Brian Lara has established the Pearl and Bunty Lara Foundation, which is a charitable organisation. Lara also holds the record for the highest individual score in a Test innings after scoring 400 not out against England at Antigua in 2004.
- He is an Ambassador for Sport of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Brian Lara is also a golf player. He has participated in golfing tournaments throughout the caribbean region and has won titles.
5. Sourav Ganguly ( $55.5 Million )Sourav Ganguly is a Former Indian cricketer has an estimated net worth of $55.5 million. He is a left-handed batsman also called with his nick name as 'Bengal tiger'
- He has a family business of printing, which is the 3rd largest in Asia.
- Sourav Ganguly Enterprises Private Limited is being run by Ganguly family.
- He started a four-storey fine dine restaurant, Saurav’s but later shut it down.
- He is currently the co-owner of Athletico de Kolkata in partnership with the Spanish club Athletico Madrid, the Kolkata based franchise in ISL.
- He is also the host of the reality show, Dadagiri Unlimited.