BJP made a clean sweep in Uttar Pradesh with a historic mandate of over 300+ seats. Out of 403 seats (BJP+ got - 324 seats, SP+Congress - 54 Seats, BSP - 19 and others on 6 seats.
Uttar Pradesh election results: Main Reason behind BJP's Big Win
- The Notebandi Policy - It helped the BJP in many ways, Middle class and Lower class people started connecting with the BJP. As this policy was implemented to stop corruption and to catch those peoples who don't pay the taxes. The Notebandi broke the backbone of the opposition parties like BSP, SP, Congress and Trinamool Congress. As we have seen many political leaders came in public to protest the Notebandi which was implemented by the central government under Mr. Modi.
The effect is seen in the UP election, as no money was there with the political parties to attract the voters. Hence we have seen a fair election result. Where votes were not purchased as it used to be in the past elections of Utter Pradesh.
- Samajwadi party Family Dispute - It's all started on 30th December 2017 when Mulayam Singh (Samajwadi Party Chief) expelled Akhilesh Yadav for 6 Years from the party. Then Akhilesh went to flight the election by their own, but later Mulayam Singh gave support to Akhilesh Yadav. But it was too late for the party to comeback as the people of the Utter Pradesh got to know that the Samajwadi party is only fighting within their party.
- Alliance of SP and Congress - A Wrong decision of Akhilesh Yadav's political career to make an Alliance with Congress. Congress never won any good amount of seats in Uttar Pradesh. So the peoples who hate Congress but loves Samajwadi Party doest not liked this decision and shifted their votes to BJP.
- BJP's 'Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas' - This mantra of BJP was a very plus point to their campaign. It reflects in their work in the central government as well - Like the BJP wants the triple talaq should be abolished from this country, as they fought for the equality of women. That's why many Muslim voters voted for BJP especially Muslim women.
- BJP's policies for Poor - After Narender Modi is elected as the Prime Minister of India, there were many policies which were brought under his time. I am quoting some of the policies like Swachh Bharat Mission, Prime Minister’s Krishi Sinchai Yojana, Housing for All and Jana Dhana Yojana. He Brought all the policies and subsidies for the people who are poor. Nowadays people are very educated and aware that's why they vote according to the work of a party.
News from Twitter